AWI Statement of Environmental Sustainability and Green Certifications
- We are dealing with a precious resource, and we place value on that resource as an association.
- We are committed to the sustainable management of that resource.
- We encourage the use of underutilized species as a part of the solution. Fashion and fads often drive the species selection.
- We recognize there are a number of programs in operation which serve to verify sustainable forestry and wood use practices.
- We do not endorse any single program or solution, nor do we make any statements against any.
- Our commitment to and the process of being good stewards of our natural resources will never end.
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System Resources[showhide]
LEED — U.S. Green Building Council
LEED — Canada
12 Podcasts on Wood Issues & Use in LEED Projects
Taking the LEED — CWB 7/2008
Green Building and Certified Resources[showhide]
USGBC Revised Requirements for Documenting the Use of FSC-Certified Wood in LEED
Green Building Certification Institute
Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC)
World Green Building Council
Green Building Initiative (GBI) News Site
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
Rainforest Alliance —- Smartwood
American Tree Farm System
Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
Comparisons of Forest Certifications: Metafore
Find State Tax Incentives for Green Building
Report Comparing Carbon of Wood to Other Building Materials
Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims, 16CFR260.7(e)
Wood: The "Alpha Material" — CWB 8/2008