AWI LEED 2009 V3 Resource Guide Book
From the AWI Sustainable Resources Committee
A woodworker's guide to LEED Projects
Click here to download your copy
AWI Statement of Environmental Sustainability and Green Certifications
- We are dealing with a precious resource, and we place value on that resource as an association.
- We are committed to the sustainable management of that resource.
- We encourage the use of underutilized species as a part of the solution. Fashion and fads often drive the species selection.
- We recognize there are a number of programs in operation which serve to verify sustainable forestry and wood use practices.
- We do not endorse any single program or solution, nor do we make any statements against any.
- Our commitment to and the process of being good stewards of our natural resources will never end.
Leadership in Energy & Environmental Design (LEED®) Green Building Rating System Resources[showhide]
LEED — U.S. Green Building Council
LEED — Canada
12 Podcasts on Wood Issues & Use in LEED Projects
Taking the LEED — CWB 7/2008
Green Building and Certified Resources[showhide]
USGBC Revised Requirements for Documenting the Use of FSC-Certified Wood in LEED
Green Building Certification Institute
Sustainable Buildings Industry Council (SBIC)
World Green Building Council
Green Building Initiative (GBI) News Site
Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
Rainforest Alliance —- Smartwood
American Tree Farm System
Sustainable Forestry Initiative (SFI)
Comparisons of Forest Certifications: Metafore
Find State Tax Incentives for Green Building
Report Comparing Carbon of Wood to Other Building Materials
Guides for the Use of Environmental Marketing Claims, 16CFR260.7(e)
Wood: The "Alpha Material" — CWB 8/2008
WoodLINKS USA/ WCA Announce Merger
WoodLINKS USA and The Woodwork Career Alliance of North America (WCA) have combined forces to explore the prospect of merging... (more)
Welcome AWI 2013 Sponsors
Sustaining Sponsors - Federated Insurance, Stiles Machinery, Inc. Level 2 Sponsors - Chemcraft, M.Bohlke Veneer, M.L. Campbell Level 3 Sponsors... (more)
To Publish or Not To Publish
Although the value of publicity might be difficult to measure precisely, there's little argument that publicity, sometimes even the negative... (more)
The spring 2013 edition of Design Solutions features these AWI members: